Kentucky is famous for its grass! As it turns out, that grass is ideal for raising sheep which thrive on a rich grass diet. We are thrilled to be able to offer a delicious, healthy, and sustainably produced local meat product.
Our sheep are naturally raised and graze certified organic land. They spend their lives outside and even give birth on pasture. We aim to mimic their natural lifestyles by providing plenty of fresh grass and limiting dependence on grain and other feed supplements. Much of the lamb meat available at the grocery store is raised primarily on corn and other feed supplements, a technique used to get animals to gain weight as quickly as possible. We take the slow road and let our animals gain weight on grass alone and the result is better flavor and a healthier product. Meat from lambs who are raised on grass has less saturated fat, more Omega-3's and an overall more robust flavor. We rotate our flock onto fresh grass pastures every 4-10 days and then let the pasture rest for at least 90 days before we return. This cycle of movement lets the land rest and soak in the fertilizer provided by the animals and also minimizes our animals’ exposure to parasites. What is good for the land is also good for our animals. What is good for our animals is good for our customers. Everybody wins! We have two Great Pyrenees Livestock Guardian Dogs, Ghost and Gaia, that help protect our flock of 75 ewes and their lambs from predators.
How to Buy our Grassfed Lamb
We are offering Lamb Meat Bundles to be delivered to your home in Lexington, Frankfort, and Louisville or picked up here at the farm during the month of June and July 2017. Our lamb bundles are a great way to stock your freezer and try a versatile range of lamb cuts. All lamb meat is processed in a USDA inspected facility and will come frozen and labeled. The pricing of each package will vary slightly depending on the weight of the individual cuts you receive and the pricing below is approximate. Payment is due by the time of delivery/pickup and can be paid online via invoice or by check. One we receive your order we will contact you to arrange for pickup/delivery and final payment.
Best Sellers Bundle (average price $120)
A versatile selection of our most popular cuts
• Ground Lamb (3 pkg, 1 lb. pkg.)
• Lamb Bratwursts (3 packages, each pack contains 4 links for a total of 1 lb. per package)
• Lamb Loin Chops (3 packages, each package contains 2 chops)
• Rib Chops (3 packages, each package contains 2 chops)
Half Lamb (average price $215)
The best way to enjoy the full range of lamb cuts.
- Ground Lamb (4 pounds total, each pound individually packaged in 1 lb. packs)
- Lamb Shanks (2 packages, each package contains 2 shanks)
- Lamb Loin Chops (4 packages, each package contains 2 chops)
- Rack of Lamb (1 racks of lamb, approximate weight 2 lbs.)
- Shoulder Roast (square cut and bone-in, average weight 4 lbs.)
- Leg of Lamb (bone-in, average weight 4 lbs.)
- Lamb Liver (optional; 1 package, approximately 1 lb. - delicious as a pate or pan fried in tacos!)